Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Day 1: I learned there was recently a rape for a rape as punishment in India...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/11/india-rape-village-council_n_5577361.html 
Reading this triggered me like a crystal prism hanging by the window hit with the first light of morning.


This is the first part of a 7 day experiment in healing through my dance practice. 

How do we survive our experience? How do we thrive? The suffering of the world combined with our own is so overwhelming, it is easy to run away from it, to push it away, to ignore it... but the truth is it exists and we are all suffering because of it. Often our suffering in turn becomes the root of our wrong doing... Violations happen every moment but we are capable of the change we need in the world. We are the compassion, love, forgiveness, and the victims and abusers. Wrong doing is a lesson we must learn from, we cannot keep turning away. How do we process this? Here begins my 7 days of healing through dance so that I might be the change I wish to see in the world and so that I might overcome the trauma of abuse. 

Day 1: Spontaneous Practice Segment 
Music: Blood by The Middle East





No comments:

Post a Comment