Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Day 2: "Art is the healthiest form of projection."


I am motivated to move and dance because I find it impossible not to feel, to act, and words never seem sufficient for my experience. As Fritz Perls said: "Art is the healthiest form of projection."

I "speak" with my body because I am a feeling person and this is my outlet. I'm dancing because I'm am troubled and grieving ... and I don't know what else to do. It has always been this way for me. In a world that objectifies me and treats me like a commodity speaking with my body has always been a challenge. It has always felt like I am spilling secrets but no one is listening because they are too busy watching the package that is my body without listening to the words. 

Music: Pursuit of Happiness by Kid Cudi

... I've been thinking of adding a post practice reaction. Possibly, as a video blog but I'm shy about speaking on camera. I feel like I take on an affect. I want this to be as authentic as possible and I already feel vulnerable and nervous. The first 24hrs were very challenging. I've been struggling with a lot of self criticism and doubt. It has been scary to share EVERYTHING but it's getting easier... 





No comments:

Post a Comment