Saturday, July 19, 2014

Day 5: 2012 Report on Intimate Partner Violence in Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and HIV-Affected Communities in the U.S.


Abuse takes on all forms and appears everywhere... we must be willing to discuss it if we wish to make true sustainable changes in our society. We must see each and every human being as equal and deserving of the same respect so that we can live this truth intimately and publicly.

2012 Report on Intimate Partner Violence in Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual,  Transgender, Queer and HIV-Affected Communities in the U.S. 

Music: Pursuit of Happiness - Kid Cudi

(This is just a picture... click the link above please for video)


I keep thinking about why I am doing this and the importance of community. We need to raise awareness, why are we so afraid to share our truth?
I'm feeling stronger. I'm noticing possibilities for movement in ways I have not explored before.

I gave myself a re-do or two today and the courage to share. This segment of practice is more of a reclamation of the song from Day 2. Since I've been discussing compassion I think it would be wise to show some for myself (wink, wink). I was feeling so very sassy and gay. Yes, that's right... I just *winked* at you and I hope you've felt compassion today too. 

Only two more days, I'm thrilled to have made it this far. Oh, and this is the first time I have played and danced with a hat with any sort of intention.  A little shout out to Lauren, thanks for leaving the hat out!

No comments:

Post a Comment