Friday, July 18, 2014

Day 4: No one deserves to suffer and no one has the right to make someone else suffer.

Abusers trap us, they isolate us, convince us that we are crazy, wrong, impossibly flawed...  No one deserves to suffer and no one has the right to make someone else suffer.   You can reach out to a family member, a friend, even a stranger or a local organization. Our communities offer support and sanctuary... Abuse can leave scars and bruises both visible and invisible that can last a lifetime. Healing is a process that begins from within but sometimes we need external support and motivation and that is okay too. 

Day 4: Spontaneous Practice Segment (HD link pending)
Music: Useless - The Kruder + Dorfmeister Session Remix by Depeche Mode


I have noticed a heightened sense of embodiment that has progressed through each practice. As I move, I feel as though I am letting go of what no longer serves me while reaffirming that it is in my body that I belong. I have struggled with preoccupations and forgotten memories and had to stop at one point today, lie still, and focus on my breath mid-practice. Then I picked up the levi wand in keeping with exploring something new and changing some element of my movement practice when I feel stuck. This was the first song of that segment of my practice today. This has become so much more than I imagined as the complex intricacy of my relationship to my body and the history it contains unfolds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment